Sunday, November 9, 2008

Somebody bring me my jorts.

This priceless text conversation between Anna and me took place a few minutes after the Sorority Row blackout Thursday night. And no, that's not the name of a cool party. Apparently someone ran into an electrical pole near Jack's fine dining and subsequently knocked out all of the power in a two-mile radius.

Kmac was walking from her car to AXO when the lights went out, convinced that a serial murderer had engineered this plot to more easily take her out. Meagan and I were in the room, and when everything went black she hurriedly squeezed every last drop of battery out of her laptop to finish Physics, while I lamented more the spoiling of my cranberry juice down in the fridge than my project for Mass Com that was now lost forever.

Anyway, while chaos ensued, my text convo with Anna about Twilight tickets took a morbid turn.

Anna: Good. Is it a Thursday? DANG IT power.

Me: All ours just shut off too!!! Yeah its thursday the 20th at 12:01

Anna: Ok well I suppose I will get it tomorrow, it kicked me off the internet

Me: Yeah apparently someone hit a pole by Jacks and everyone in a five mile radius is in the dark

Anna: What a jerk

(At this point, the evil side of me took over...)

Me: I think he died

Anna: I am a terrible person. That is sad

Me: Just kidding. I don't know if he did or not. Now I'm a terrible person

Anna: Yes, you are

Me: This is definitely going on the blog

So, as you can see, I often make very inappropriate, flippant jokes about death. But Anna started it with her immediate finger-pointing of this "jerk" who ruined our evening.

Adieu.

No comments: