Sunday, November 9, 2008

swagger like us

So this weekend I was going to go to Gunnersville with the perpetually sassy Jilli Sparks.  However, in a sequence of events not altogether unsurprising Jilli ended up having heaps of work to get done before next week.  So I amiably suggested she stay in town and get her work done and I'd head to Chattanooga.  I hatched a plan to shock my family by arriving on the doorstep ready to spend the weekend with them.  I called my brother to fill him in on my wonderful little intention: 

Me (on cell phone passing Mercedes): Hey Riley!
Riley: What's up.
Me (whispering): Are you by yourself?
Riley: Um yeah?
Me: Like where are you?
Riley: In the den.
Me: Are you in earshot of anyone?
Riley: No.
Me (triumphantly): I'M ON MY WAY HOME TO SURPRISE YOU!
Riley: Mom, Dad and I are heading to Ole Miss in thirty minutes for me to do a college visit.

So that was neat and treasured.  Chris was spending the weekend with his family in Decatur so since I was about 14 miles outside of Birmingham and had been rejected by friends and family alike I called him and he, in true stalwart boyfriend fashion, invited me to Decatur. I informed him that at that point I was exiting onto I-65 and would probably be there in an hour. 

So I began the requisite task of text messaging those nearest and dearest.  Now, I have recently broken a vow of October sketchiness.  I apologize to those affected by my bought of intravertism.  I think I'm over it.  I blame it on too many years of single sex education. But I was textin my boo KMac when she bestowed this wonderful imagery upon me: 

Me: (snarky comment hypothetically envisioning her hooking up with someone)
KMac: Vomit. And poke my eye out. 

Not both eyes, just the one. Oh sweet little half-blind KMac!

glad to be back!
sy 

No comments: